Views:88 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-06-18 Origin:Site
This article mainly introduces the characteristics and uses of EPP foams.
EPP has light specific gravity, good elasticity, shock resistance, high deformation recovery rate, good absorption performance, oil resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance, resistance to various chemical solvents, non-absorbent water, insulation, heat resistance (-40～130℃), non-toxic Tasteless, 100% recyclable and with almost no reduction in performance, it is truly environmentally friendly foam. EPP beads can be molded into various shapes of EPP products in the mold of the molding machine.
The main characteristics of EPP foam materials:
1. Lightweight: Part of the space of EPP packaging products is replaced by gas. Each cubic decimeter volume contains 3-6 million independent sealed bubbles. Therefore, it is several to dozens of times larger than plastic.
2. Ability to absorb impact loads:When the EPP packaging product is subjected to an impact load, the gas in the foam stagnate and compresses, so that the external energy is consumed and dissipated. The bubble body gradually terminates the impact load with a small negative acceleration, so it has a good shockproof effect.
3. Good thermal insulation performance: Thermal conductivity is the weighted average of pure EPP thermal conductivity (108cal/m.h. ℃) and air thermal conductivity (about 90cal/m.h. ℃).
4. Good sound insulation performance: EPP product sound insulation mainly through two ways, one is to absorb sound wave energy, reduce reflection and transmission; the second is to eliminate resonance and reduce noise.
5. Anti-aging and corrosion performance: Except for long time exposure to high energy radiation, the product has no obvious aging phenomenon. Can withstand many chemical substances, such as dilute acid, dilute alkali, methanol, lime, asphalt, etc.
6. Anti-static performance:Because EPP products have low electrical conductivity, it is easy to produce self-charging phenomenon during friction, which will not affect general user products. For high-precision electronic products, especially the large-scale integrated block structural element EPP of modern electrical appliances, anti-static EPP products should be used to analyze the characteristics of EPP foam materials.